Pages

Saturday 28 December 2013

Boots Boxing Day Sales - French Connection Eye Perfection Collection set review.

I saw this way before the christmas, in a larger boots in a bigger city and thought the small eyeshadow palette was utterly adorable and very tiny. But at £18 I couldn't justify it when I just wanted the palette.

But I headed to the sales on the 27th (the buses weren't running boxing day sadly.) and found this at half price. At £9 and with there not being much of what I wanted in store, I picked it up.
I've just tried it today and I'm very glad I got it!


Here is the collection de packaged, in it's box. As you can see it's yet another boots set that makes it's packing huge to make the product (and thus the gift) look more substantial. This is usually the case with any boots gift set, but the items inside and the 3 for 2 offers before christmas more than make up for that.




Okay so the first item I have is the eyeshadow primer. Primers in UK drugstores are a rarity, but are becoming more commonplace thankfully. 
The size is 6.5ml, and the packing is this black squeeze type tube. It reminds me of the too faced
shadow insurance primer packaging wise.



It comes with a small thin nozzle which makes it easier to apply. The tube was hard to squeeze at first (filled with air possibly?) then came out much better. It has a very thick consistency and blends out ok. I only applied a very thin layer, and haven't noticed much improvement in the lasting power. I think this is one of the eyeshadow primers where a little bit more is needed rather than just a coating of your lids. I only use the MUA eye primer currently (which is running out) so this was very different to me! I have got samples of UD's primer potion and an etude house primer so I will be enjoying trying these different primers.


These were also included in the box, just the standard tools of the trade for the eyes. Curlers, tweezers and a sharpener duo. I think the tweezers are lovely and sturdy and do a good job plucking. 



This is the mascara included, which I won't be opening for a while. I have 3/4 open mascaras to use, and got 4 for christmas so this is the 5th unopened one! The tube feels gorgeous! It has a matte rubber exterior which feels very luxe.

These are very simple eyebrow shapers, I have never used anything like this so I'm not sure how to use these yet!


Two of these I think are great. The brow pencil I think looks very natural when combed through my brows, but will not suit those with blonde eyebrows unless applied very lightly. The eyeliner pencil has an ok consistency, it's not hard but it's not super creamy. But it lacks pigmentation so makes a lovely subtle eyeliner. Now! The bottom pencil, is a brow highlighter! And I love this it's soft and creamy and when blended out creates a lovely subtle highlight! It is usable anywhere on your face, but the shape makes its better suited to the bridge of nose and brow bone. I would love to try more pencil shaped highlighters now, But I don't know of any like this. If anyone wants to see swatches etc, I will happily post some for this and the palette.







I really like this palette. Firstly the top of the palette has the same matte rubber on it's top half like the mascara which feels super nice, and it has a mirror. The whole thing is smaller than my arm. It comes with one of those icky foam applicators however. There is 5g of shadow in total. So just over 0.6gram per shade. 

It doesn't have the best pigmentation, but it still has good pigmentation. I think 3 of the shades are better as highlights as they are very pale nude tones. They are all very shimmery shades bar the second one on the bottom row. Which is a satin/matte deep brown. They all blend very well and are lovely neutral shades. I love the first shade on the taupe which is a pretty taupey/purpley brown! 
Again if anyone wants to see swatches of this cute little palette let me know! I was a bit too excited about posting this sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment