Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

It's skin Baby face BB cream silky review.

Okay, so this will be my first Korean cosmetics review. The Baby face brand is a sister brand of the It's Skin brand. Baby Face cosmetics are aimed at teenagers, with many of the products being very natural, and very cute!

So the BB cream came packed with a small plastic sleeve with wings on. Very cute, the tube has a twist off cap which is really secure so product won't squeeze out into the cap. There was also a foil seal covering the opening to keep the bb cream fresh.


The packaging is sooooo cute. One of the many reasons I love korean make up is because of the packaging, although it may be too childish for some.

Okay so I tried this yesterday, but found it clung to dry patches badly despite me applying moisturiser. Now usually korean face products are pretty dewy and moisturising, which is why I chose the silky version. They also do a moisturising version too. The silky version is more matte whilst the other would be dewy.
After exfoliating properly last night, which I hadn't done in a while, I tried this again after moisturising my face.  It went on a lot more smoothy but still would recommend this for slightly oiler skin and anyone with normal/dry like me to go for the moisturising one.



This is my face with the tony moly cat chu wink shiny skin base in green applied. This was just to even out my skin tone before applying the bb cream. The texture of this bb cream is thicker than others I've tried, but many bb creams from korea are. (In the US and UK bb creams are usually just glorified tinted moisturisers) It was a little stiff to blend but nothing too drastic. This cream has SPF36, a really random number but pretty high protection. The coverage is light, so mostly just evens out skin tone. It would be great in summer or spring if my skin was a bit clearer, with a concealer to cover up any problem areas. 


Swatch of the BB cream. 


Excuse the state of my hair, but this is how my face looks with the bb cream applied. As you can see it's very natural looking. You can see how light the coverage is too. 


BB Cream + Powder. The powder I used is the L'oreal lumi magique pearl powder in rose boudoir. The powder is soft and adds a small amount of shimmer to the face for a radiant glow. 


Overview.
Pros
  • good mattifying power
  • cheap 
  • leaves skin feeling soft
  • natural looking and not cakey
  • high SPF
Cons
  • can cling to dry patches
  • not much product in tube
  • only one shade
  • light coverage
All in all I don't think this is a bad BB cream, just not the best. It's great as an introduction to Korean BB creams, or for someone who only needs their skin tone evening. It's also cheap in price, I bought it for $7 or £4.25 for 4.5grams of product from f2plus1 on ebay, who also runs a store called Beautynetkorea

The same seller has the Holika Holika Petit BB cream in the "Clearing"  variety for around $5-$6 dollars so just under £4. I much prefer this BB cream as it has higher coverage, a better shade match for me and say's it has tea tree oil to help "skin troubles". The texture is also on the thick side, but is a bit easier to blend. :) This is a great option for new comers to BB cream, So I thought I would add that in there!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I was thinking about buying this product and contemplating whether to get the silky or moisturizing. Now I know which one to get :)!

    Please visit my blog :D: http://peachypinkcheeks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you say no to that sweet face?! She is so cute! Please visit: baby eczema

    dry rough skin

    foot repair cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey love. Can you please tell me how long does this It's skin bb cream stay on your face? I'm working all day in my office so I'm looking for a bb cream that can last long for hours ...thank you so much !!

    ReplyDelete